So when I snagged the Wanaho Duplicator i3 – I knew I wasn’t getting some “Set it and forget it!” type system. As MakersMuse’s noted even in the image preview of his review “Tinker’s Dream?” because it isn’t that easy, as I’ve learned the last few days.
If you follow me on Instagram alone I’ve posted a few pics, and let’s just say you haven’t seen everything, my biggest sadness was the stopped print due to jam:
Incredibly frustrating to have gotten comfortable thinking “I got this!” and embark on a larger scale print only to go about 5-10 more layers above that video clip, and then continue the motions, but no longer extruding.
I’m learning a lot of tweaks, adjustments, mods, got some M3 nylon nuts coming which will help give some stability to bed leveling. I’m told they will help and just a lot of things to adjust, try, clean, settings to tweak – it never stops, but I’m getting closer each time I print.
It’s been a great escape for me, strangely soothing, even now Lilly’s out for the count (praying she stays that way). I have the printer on hour 9 or so of printing the cup again, and its settings are a tad rough, and it looks like I may already have a slight shift in settings, and my extruder setting I turned down to cut back on over extruding may have been a tad too much.
One of my goals with the printer is relaxing and creating, but to going to make some models myself (already made one for holding my camera). But some toys, flower pots, tech related, and just fun things to maybe even paint, as I did a Yoda bust and my cousin’s son Dalton painted it kind of cool looking. He even started painting a companion cube from Portal. Cool projects!
Keep an eye peeled more goodies coming after this mega print is done!