So here’s the update, it’s been 3 insane days but here’s where we are with things.
Monday we got the results of the PET/CT and it’s a mixed bag:
- Primary Tumor (Esophagus) – Stable, no growth, no loss – standing still, looking good (honestly I think it’s better as swallowing is INSANELY better) so good stuff.
- Cancer Markers up, it’s in the system actively and some involvement possibly in the lungs 🙁
- The Standing Treatment Plan: Not too effective. Basically its doing some good as I see it to hold the current mass at bay, but it’s not doing that “all over” clean up we need.
- Doc suggests a second set of eyes from City of Hope again to really just tag team it and get us on a new plan based upon maybe something new they know!
So that’s where we ended on Monday, thus Daisy got to work on a 2nd opinion from City of Hope – well she took and called got us an appointment for Thursday, but let’s just say Thursday… well became Tuesday. As yesterday at around noon we left home for a trip down to City of Hope as they were able to see us at 2:45 – which led to the following:
- New plan called Full Fury (sounds epic right?) same course treatment schedule – every 2 weeks, pump for 3 days, few new drugs in the mix, but only one new side effective which can be managed with drugs.
- Genetic Testing Started – This can open up some new doors for more targeted treatment – results will be in next Tuesday so that’s neat I think, but warned them as a redhead I am a mutant, but they said it didn’t matter lol
- Was blessed with decent traffic but a day on 1 hour or so of sleep, plus no meds trying to balance out a little left me well, exhausted.
Enter today, follow up with my oncologist, and he agreed on the plan, so he’s kicking it to insurance, we start Monday.
After a wild day though I crashed for like 6 hours, we have a plan, and I have a week off to recoup, and I needed the sleep, I woke up and ran to my mailbox at the UPS Store, was amazed to find blessings galore, some chocolates from a customer thanking me for help & wishing a merry Christmas, and a church I host sent a gift which is HUGELY a blessing and will help pay for a few medical bills I have that need to be sorted – so in all of this still one truth: God is Good.
Currently battling blood sugar inflation due to the steroid I took earlier today, but going to do some light work around the house as energy allows and sugar burns off – but figured I’d get a bit more detailed update than what I normally post to facebook, but thank you all for your prayers, support, even helping with cravings of even boston baked beans 😀 love the support always, helps me stay positive knowing I’m thought and cared for more than I may know on a day to day basis.
Have a blessed night all, I’m off to burn off some sugar!